The network for Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning at Lund University (AIML@LU) is a faculty wide platform for research, education and innovation in the area.
A first (kick-off) workshop will be held on May 29 in Lundmarksalen at the department of Astronomy. The purpose of this first meeting is to get to know what research there is on AI within the different departments at Lund University. To register for the workshop click here. There is no registration fee.
We are constructing a network for AI research in a broad sense at Lund University. A first informal workshop will be held on May 29 in Lundmarksalen at the department of Astronomy and Theoretical Physics, Sölvegatan 27. The purpose of this first meeting is to get to get an overview of what activities there are within research, teaching and innovation within the area of AI and ML at the different departments of Lund University.
9:30-10:15 Coffee in the foyer
10:15-12:00 Introduction to AIML@LU in MH:Hörmandersalen:
- WASP – Karl-Erik Årzén
- LUCE – Susanne Norrman
- Centre for Mathematical Sciences – Kalle Åström
- Computer Science – Jacek Malec
- Automatic Control – Bo Bernhardsson
- Astronomy and Theoretical Physics, – Mattias Ohlsson
- Philosophy – Christian Balkenius
- Medicine - Einar Heiberg
- AI: On Fairness and Accountability – Stefan Larsson
- Social Sciences – Maria Hedlund
12:00-13:15 Lunch sandwich in the foyer
13:15-14:00 Group discussions with the so far following themes:
- Undergraduate education (Mattias Ohlsson)
- Commissioned education (LUCE Susanne Norrman or Anders Dackehed)
- Social Sciences, humanities and AI (Robert Willim)
- Development of the AIML network (Jonas Wisbrant)
- Machine learning for real-time analysis and decision making (Caterina Doglioni)
Other sugestions for themes do discuss are welcome to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
15.00 and onwards Coffee and continued discussions in the foyer